Environmental Policy Indonesia
ART CLASSIC is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- All wood certified by Perum Perhutani (Indonesian Forestry Commission).
- We follow the rules and regulations standardized by Trees4Trees.
- We already applied VLegal sytem (SVLK Certificate) wich will comply with EUTR/LaceyAct.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
Indonesia has an abundant resource of raw materials and the 2nd largest biodiversity in the world. Only the Amazon Rainforests has larger. Around 50% of Indonesia is rainforests and jungles.
A large variety of materials are used in the manufacture of furniture and handicrafts.
Around 70% of the world’s rattan is in Indonesia, along with many different materials like petrified wood and volcanic rock to name a few.
We insist our suppliers try to reduce the impact to a minimum on the landscape, oceans and wildlife so future generations can enjoy our wonderful world.
A large variety of natural materials are used in the manufacturing of our products.
We try to work with producers who are certiﬁed and work in accordance with the standards of our environmental policy and the following:
- SVLK (Indonesian Legal Wood)
- FSC (Forest stewardship Council)
We offer a range of Eco-Friendly up-cycled products that use reclaimed and recycled materials.